"For My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.” ~ Isa. 56:7
Jesus proclaimed that His Church, His Bride was the vehicle He was going to use to bring His love and His salvation to the world. The significance of this cannot be overstated and Jesus declared that His House would be a House of Prayer for the Nations. No doubt the cornerstone heartbeat of those prayers would be for His salvation and His Glory to fill the earth. This will be done through His leaders and His people. In Ephesians 6:18-20 and in Colossians 4:2,3 we are called to pray passionately and faithfully for Pastors and God’s message through them. May I encourage you to be in prayer for your pastors regularly. Here are some key prayer points for pastors.
Key Prayer Points for Pastors
- Wisdom, insight, and revelation from God for the preaching of the Gospel in their individual churches
- Inspired, anointed and prophetic preaching in the church
- Salvation, healing, and deliverance taking place in the life of all churches
- Protection against all the plans of the enemy
- Personal purity and righteousness
- Time wisely spent with family ensuring the needs of spouse and children are being met
- Finances – more than enough to bless the leaders who serve and the vision of the house.
We joke that there is no such thing as a perfect Church on earth and yet from God’s perspective His Bride is pure and spotless and beautiful because of the Blood of Jesus that covers us. He has set us apart to destroy the works of darkness and release the fullness of who He is into the earth. The church in the Book of Acts is a prototype of how God desires His church to function. Let’s agree with heaven that God’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Key Prayer Points for Churches
- That Churches would preach Christ, teach Christ, reveal Christ, Live as Christ would live in the earth
- Prepare the believer to fulfill the great commission to disciple the nations
- Unity in the Local Church so God may pour out a commanded blessing
- Raise up leaders of integrity to minister Christ to the world
- Plant Local Churches
- Send Missionaries
Jesus came with a mission to seek and to save those that were far from the Father’s love. He came to draw mankind back into full relationship with God. He paid the ultimate price for our sinfulness by dying on the cross whereby enabling us to be forgiven and born from above. But as the Apostle Paul so powerfully declares how can they hear the message without a preacher and how can they have a preacher unless one is sent to them. God’s love is calling for missionaries, for evangelists, for pastors, for teachers and all fivefold ministries to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry. Jesus encouraged us to pray for laborers to work in His harvest field. The world has need of those laborers like never before.
Key Prayer Points for Missions
- Regions where there is no witness for the Love of God that missionaries would be sent and that a great harvest of souls would come in.
- Closed territories would become open territories to the good news of Jesus Christ
- Former Christian nations would experience Revival and turn back to Christ
- A hardness of heart toward the gospel would be melted and ignited to love and serve God
- Miracles, Signs, and Wonders released as a witness to the truth of the gospel with numerous lives turning to Christ.
The Joshua Project
There is a wonderful app that enables you to pray for all the unreached people groups in the world. If you are interested in praying with more wisdom and insight for these unreached people click on the link below and upload the app that will give you daily prayer fuel to pray for people groups in need of Christ.